Friday, October 21, 2016

Week 4 blog questions!

1. The item in the NPPA code of ethics that I found most compelling, was to treat all subjects with respect and dignity. To give special consideration to vulnerable subjects. This was number four on the code of ethics.

2. Under ideally photojournalists should, the item that I think stands out and is most important to me, was: "Strive for total and unrestricted access to subjects, recommend alternatives to shallow or rushed opportunities, seek a diversity of viewpoints, and work to show unpopular or unnoticed points of view." 
like this because it inspires me to try and get different angles and to try and get a different viewpoint of things. It matters to me because I feel like it is important for photojournalists to keep in mind when conducting their work. 
3. I would apply the rule in the code of ethics that I mentioned by being respectable and professional when I am taking photos of vulnerable subjects. Especially if it came to victims of tragedy or crime. 



Topic 2:
Of the class pictures, the two that I chose to be my favorite are James's photo of Benton county officer Brian Lundy.
I like it because I like the angle and that the cop car is included. 

jdewey13.blogspot.com













The other one I appreciated and thought was funny, was Leta's picture of Pete Mcdanal in the LBCC mail delivery room. I like how he's holding the bag in his mouth because his hands are full. 

letajeanphotojournalism.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment