Friday, October 14, 2016

Week 3 questions!

TOPIC 1: TWO PORTRAIT SUBJECTS

Two possible subjects that I have selected are
1. Hillary Sipe
2. Diana Meyer

For Hillary, she is a baker! She does everything from wedding cakes to baby showers.
The best environment to shoot her would be at her home where she does all her baking
Props that would work best would be a mixing bowl, frosting bags, beaters, oven mitts....
I already have contacted her and she has agreed to doing the shoot

For Diana she is one of my co-workers.
She works with me at the Lebanon Papa Murphy's.
The best environment to shoot would obviously be at our work.
Props that would work best would be the sheeter for when we sheet dough, her on the make line making pizza's, using dough balls would be another good prop to use.
I can easily contact her by talking to her at work about it, or text her asking if it would be okay to use her as a subject.

TOPIC 2: SELF-CRITQUE

I would say the BEST photo I've taken for this class would be this one.  I like this one simply because I feel like it's a good shot of the people discussing the artwork done by Rip. When I look at the photo it makes me feel like I'm there all over again peeking in on what they are talking about.
Here's the link for when I posted it: https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=3172627939229756214#editor/target=post;postID=4914014661415886303;onPublishedMenu=overview;onClosedMenu=overview;postNum=5;src=postname

The WORST photo I've taken for this class would probably be this one...
 I don't like it because I feel like there's not very many people involved. This picture seems a bit boring to me and you can't really tell what exactly it is that they are doing. Also the lighting on this is not the best I feel like. The shadows of the trees are some what distracting. https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=3172627939229756214#editor/target=post;postID=434995799602085735;onPublishedMenu=overview;onClosedMenu=overview;postNum=3;src=postname 

A skill I need to improve on to raise the quality of my photos would be to try and get better angles of my subjects and focus more on the lighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment