Friday, November 4, 2016

Week 6 Blog forum questions

TOPIC 1: MY HOMETOWN

1. The town I'm going to be photographing is Sweet Home! I'm photographing it because it is my hometown and I feel like I can get some really nice pictures

2. Ideas that I have for a portrait subject would be getting a picture of someone working out at the gym there in town or someone who works at the gym there, a staff member. For a landmark I would obviously have to do Foster lake. Just because it's so iconic and a lot of people in the summer come to foster specifically for boating. For an activity I could get a picture of the Saturday farmers market. Or something high school related.

3. The biggest challenge for me would probably be the portrait subject just because that requires me going up to someone and asking them if it would be okay if I took their picture for my photo journalism class.

TOPIC 2: PHOTO EDITING

1. Two tips I learned from reading this chapter would be one, "Crop the Excess". This applies to what we have learned in class about using photo shop and getting rid of any excess stuff that we don't need. It says if a person's expression gives the picture sparkle, zero in on the face and cut out the peripheral material. I can apply this to my hometown project for the portrait subject. If their face has a good expression on it then I can use that technique to draw the person in who is examining my photo.
Another tip listed in the chapter is to be Intimate. By intimate they mean to make the reader feel close to the situation or in-tune with the subject. My goal with this would be to make the reader feel as though they are actually there. I can use this technique when I am taking a photo of the landmark or the activity photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment